April 15, 2005


today,
two things
still no answers. Is the question to hard, is the quiz a halfass idea, I rest my case, the answer a secret and keep the prize.

Yesterday,
there were a strike on campus. Student and facility workers protesting against the fact that the w o r k e r s havent had a raise for three years and work for an average hourly wage at around 8 dollars an hour. Fine with me, I deeply respect the case, this country being in a dire need of a moral and ethic facelift.
But what I do not approve - I guess I am just to old for that kind of powertrip - was the following event. Doing my afternoon routine, picking up Julius from school, him now alongside with 3 or 4 other kids who eyeballed a cheap ride and claasy in-car music (teach where you can teach). Yesterday though the routine got totally messed up which is the worst thing that can happen to a neurotic jerk-off as I. Non the less, because of picket lines all over campus I had to circle my way to the school and my afternoon coffee and cigarette and 7 - 11. The store was packed beyond beyond with young students dropping by to shop for water, cokes, coffee, chips, chocolate and what not...They were all fired up about the strike, being in a picket line, blocking traffic, seing people losing tempers over their aim at The Greater Cause. Already in the shop I felt my rage arise. If they were so fired up about the in-just of the world what the fuck were they doing shopping in 7-11 where the clerks make eb´ven less than the facility workers at campus, and I remembered: they are being young and nothing but. I got my coffee, smoked the cigarette, upped my dopamine circulation and headed for school. The boys jumped the car, I cranked up the carstereo to 11 and the SPOKE track "Public display of rythms".
We then drove about 1 mile og the 4 miles strip home before we hit the quoe. Traffic was at a standstill. I had no doubt in my mind that they now also had blocked the westentrance, not wanting anyone to enter campus.
"This is gonna be a while" I told the kids and the got out of the car and started walking home. One kid stayed in the car.
Bout 45 minutes later we had moved closeto the gate when the picketline guardsment started approching us with flyers and commandos. One guy in perticular got my piss boiling as he wanted me to prove that I actually lived at campus. I was just mad, but also so mad that I couldnt speak prober english - not that I can, but now I really couldn`t.
"What kind of sick owertrip are you on man, go tell your buddies in the picketline at the mainentrance that if they want to be taken seriuously it doesnt look good that half of them is in a line i 7 - 11, buying all kinds of multinational crap..."
I dont think heunderstood me, this one guy, thin and gothlike, handed me a tap taht should get me in he said, and I was at ease. It was hot.
At the gate a second guy, dressed more less in combat gear walks up and shouts: "Nobody gets in - noboby gets in..." and I told him I just had a tap saying I could, as I fucking live there. He just answered: "Nobody gets in nobody gets in..". I then approched a cop, asking him: "Listen I live here, my wifes waiting with the other kid, she gotta leave the house in ten minutes, what do you wnat me to do?" And the cop goes: "Go on". And I did, I drove all the way up to the line when another cop jump from the crowd shouting "no no".

Well blabber blabber it is, really, I didnt drive in, I didnt tell them what I thought, I walked home the astmatic kid, just thinking, fuck them, fuck them for I have become so old as to think that they are wasting their time whipping up that hateful mood. People tend to forget the case which I respect, I just dont get the means. Iknow that university is corperate crap. I know that. Dont waste your time telling everybody what they allready know. Take your picketline to the chancellors office, her million dollar home. Fuck I am old, for thinking that this picketline, its merely a powertrip - at random, the case not specific, and in three years from now when th parents no longer pay theri tuitions they vote republican anywyas trying to save their own asses, as there, yesterday, fighting with their heads up their asses.