March 15, 2005

Today,
I`m picking up Pernille in SF flying in from Berlin, me backpedaling up highway one in a stream of sunlight. Her, not being our first visitor here and not the last emphasing how fucking right I was in a posting on November fifth 2004. Globalisation is only stratisfying a new UBERKLASSE©

Yesterday,
I had a call from the Child Care Center at Family student Housing. For months now we have been waiting for an opening for our youngest son Carl, and was more or less turned down three weeks ago, although it all depended on them to hire some more staff. So when I heard yesterday it was Nydia from Childcare, I thought: yabadabadoo and when she asked me to be at their office within an hour, because she had some papers for me to sign I thought: that’s it: a spot for Carl, he needs it, I need it: Harmony.
So I jumped in the tub with him, cleaned up and went to the office. Bummer. Disappointment, all I had to sign was a paper on Julius` whereabouts in the spring-break. But I asked about the opening, any chance of it happening soon: ”No”. And then Nydia started asking me loads of stuff: “What is it that my wife does?”, “Oh, she is here on an anthropologist scholarship from Lunds University , Sweden, scoring nothing but A´s like she was on some kind of shopping spree, using all our time and money, but nonetheless head on results. And me; Im writing my BA in socialwork to become what we in Denmark call a peda..”
and my answered was interrupted, as Nydia replied:
“Oh so she is the anthropologist and you are a socialworker. She is the academic, and you…. you are down with the people!”

anyways: a snapshot from highway 1.
http://paul.graysonfamily.org/album/pictures/highway_one_coast.jpg