March 29, 2005

Maybe in the absence of friends, the social nadir and the posse flatliner, I have turned to nursing my immediate superheroes, and in a very American style making a wall of heroes to remind me of ambitions or maybe I`m just acting out a late adolescent fan and stalker attitude. Anyhow, so far I hung these on my wall:

Hunter S. Thompson, deceased: for putting the subject into journalistic writing and not beating around the bush.
Oscar Wilde, deceased: for his persistent beliefs, idealism, works and early modernity. “Portrait of Dorian Gray” for being a historic equivalent to B.E Ellis` “American Psycho”.
KRAFTWERK, alive indeed: for being the founding figures of electronica. None below and none above.
Henry Miller, deceased: for being Henry Miller (see earlier posting).
Steve McQueen: For his stoic performance in “Le Mans”. When is somebody gonna produce another decent race-movie?
Maria, Steso and Allan: fictional figures but very much alive in Ejersbo`s novel “NORDKRAFT”, now also a motionpicture, I havn`t seen. So I look at the postcards and think of the days...believing in love is such a...
Jean Michel Basquait, deceased: for bringing the umpf back into art: the Godfather of streetart.

Julius and Carl: for being brothers.