April 07, 2008

SHOT THE FUCK UP: FREE PUBLIC SPACES FROM BITCHING AND MOANING...

Maybe its because I quit smoking or maybe it is just at genral lack of consistency, because: if any I a moan and i bitch on this here blog but p-leaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase:
If we can ban cigarets in cafes and what not could I or we at least expect a little privacy or...I mean, could I at least be freed from participating in the obsessive bitcing and moaning, I mean, this morning right: I went to a cáfe to have a slow breakfast, to read a newspaper thoroughly, to let my mind wander in and out, seeking grounding after last weekends touckdown and mondays reentry to the small reality of steady work.
I ordered my coffee, the croissants, the jam and cheese, sat down at the high chairs with an excellent view to the park overlooking a sunlid spring morning when two women entered the cafe, and sat down next to me, and started to talk. No thats not true, they were speaking as they entered.
I do not mind conversation, I love them, and I cannot escape bitching nor moaning, but I am however a ferm believer in discretion and the noble art of being humble.
Its close to prejudidism to say the blabbering is a female charecteristica, but nontheless. these two never stopped! 65 minutes nonstop, bitching and moaning on an estimated 12 or 13 common friends: about the psyche, their careerchoices, their marriages, their kids, and all related: Judgemental, backstapping, nonreflected blabbering. And not one fucking pause in the conversation, which make it to something else than a conversation: a kharthasis, a cleansing. Letting out steam of build up bitchery. And loud bitchery, not a discrete conversation no: A message to the world of the semiholistic insights and how-to-help-your-self routines.
What I wabnt to know is why? Why do I have to hear or even know of their seemingly miserable lives? Could we allow signing asking people to shot the fuck or at least be consider the extent and volume of conversation?
As I said, maybe itrs because I quit smoking but please. Shot the Fuck Up!