April 16, 2008

Going through some old notes yesterday, I found a bundle dating back to 1998, when I was working as a postman.
At some point in 1998 Denmark was confronted with a a political crisis that - then as now - led to a big strike, which again led to the fact that the average dane went into a shoppingfrenzy ensuring to fill their friges and freezers. Especially YEAST disapperared from the shops quickly and people went in to a YEASTPANIC, which among other things meant that YEAST was flown in from Norway. Nobody faced death by starvation, and as a loyal postman I had no time to participate in the strike and yeastpanic, as I for week after week still had to deliever one kilo of printed commercials leaflets on each doorstep, letterbox, mailbox on my route. It raised serious doubts as to which planet I inhabited. And still does.