October 03, 2006





















When I arrived at young Carls kindergarden this morning, I wasnt exactly surprise about the block-out that a few parents had set up. I mean, it had been all over the news, we had been warned, but in this new-calvisnistic time, I decided to drive by to make sure that the block-out was happening. It was.

It was a warm morning for october, so I decided to take Carl for a ride on my newly purchased Van De Falk bike. In the spirit of the block-out, I decided to show Carl a bit of the class-structure in Denmark. We rode through the Kongens Have (Kings Garden) as a first sure sign of how things also where 400 years ago, allhough the motto of King Chr IV sounded: Regna Firmat Pietas (Piety strengthens the Kingdom).
From there we continued to Amalienborg and observed the anachronistic vastness and emptyness of the courtyard in front of the Palace. The Marble Chruch, The Opera fought for our attention, the adjacent streets with secrets small palaces and luxurious flats and houses.
We continued along the water front to Langelinie, paused at the little Mermaid. She seemed almost restless and sad as we continued to Østerbro and adjoning Hellerup, where Carls attention was slipping away from my teachings to the really cool cars leaving their garages carry the Citizens to their jobs in the city. And he was tired, and I was, and allthough we could have continued all the way to Heather Hill 50 miles up the coast, I had to end todays lecture with a fatherly uplift: "All this son, could truly one day be yours..."

I am classconscious but not unambitious.