February 19, 2005

In the US these days a TV craze called extreme makeover is sweeping across the nation. The narrative of the TV show is basiclly this: A team of experts in fashion, architecture, style, sex, looks...whatever - is given a task: To ensure the complete change - the makeover - of someones house, style, looks and yeah, you know the drill...whatever. Its a huge succes! The contenders are pushed back into their chairs while the team of experts complete the makeover. The clean sweep. The free money.
Much like the US led invasion of Iraq. I have had however, since the election on january 30th serious doubts about my approach. Would I really have to bend over and give El Presidente© the benefit of the doubt? I feared it, but, then I ran into superwoman Naomi Klein.

I really don`t know where to start, because however much I wanted that he could be right for the benefit of the general situation in Iraq, to be honest - I´m not sure I could live with the boost it would give his legacy, no less than he could give a flying fuck about my opinion.

So the next few postings will be reference to facts that Klein put forward: but as today was one long drive, me impersonating an immigrant taxidriver with the ugliest and longest tits around in dire need for a makeover and because we are leaving for a three day tour to San Francisco tomorrow, I simply do not have the time to go any further now. Theres the laundrette, my 90 minute tennis-practice, the guests, in short: the stuff that priorities are made off.

If I could choose a soundtrack for today it would be: Aaron Nevilles “Tell it like it is”.
I`m sorry I cant figure out to link to mp3-files, so you`ll have to do with the lyrics.

the lyrics:
http://www.lyricsfreak.com/a/aaron-neville/2355.html

the man:
http://www.rumproast.com/hamsteak/images/aaron.jpg