February 06, 2008

Went to turn in my visa application at the Thai Embassy today. Or more rightfully, three of them: For me and my two sons.
It went smooth untill it dawned on the good people there, that I am in fact travelling there - Thailand - alone, or - with the kids. Allthough I had a copy of my travel plans, especially they wanted to know of my return-date, the fact that my wife is already in Thailand, constituted a problem: How could they know that Mum (my wife) actually had permitted me to travel to Thailand? I try to explain them, that we had shared rights on the kids, and that I - at will - could decide whenever I would to travel to smithereens if I wanted.
Non the less, they insisted that I contacted her in Thailand and made her fax a permission for me to travel with the kids, and a copy of her passport:

Alas, so much for equal rights in 2008.