February 26, 2008

Liar I am, I continue to blog in english it seems, so you are free to discuss if as my blogging is as good or bad as my english, but:  I would rather be the Club Liar than the Club Bore, so... 


Touchdown in Bangkok on friday, an undramatic lift, with young Carl sleeping for 10 of the 13 hour flight. Made me able to keep all the food on the plate.
Picked up on Bangkok airport by wife and perfect shaped katoy (tranvestite) who sang along to the thaipop on the carstereo all the way to Pattaya. And Pattaya: what can I say. i think everyone going thee would sense it as a direct hot to all sense, blinded though by one thing: the apparent WHITENESS of male stereotypes. Bu, there so much more behind the scenes.
Not before yesterday - and in Bangkok with a stunning 9th floor view - have I lost the jetlag and as such not experienced anything but being as white a tourist as ever: or rightfully, I am sayingnomatter what complexion of skin, tourits allways sticks out like sore thombs, and in megacity Bankok, only just adding to the picture of the let astray marketeconomy. There is something definitive non-human about the way these megacities attracts all and everything and o creates a fierce and attractive dynamics, but on the other hand at a frightening pace leaveshuge chumps of land, family and culture destroyed, or at the least at the mercy of whatevercrumbles the city spits out.