February 20, 2008

Should have left for Bangkok on monday but a severe case of chickenpocks with young Carl delayed liftoff. After long negosiations with the good people of swiss air and a visit to their copenhagen office I must realize that my english has crucially worsened over the past years: I simply ran out of precise and proper terms, why I again from touchdown in Thailand, will blog-on in my native danish.

It reminds me of the heydays of indie rock in the 90s, when everyone with the right haircut started a band and sang with fony oxford and manchester-accents. I had a (danish) friend that were particularly fond of speaking english to everyone with a very fat brit accent. I dont think he himself realised ithe overkill, untill he one day asked a true londoner about it:
Q:"So hows my english? Which accent does my english resemble? Where do you think I come from in England?"
A: "Denmark."

Farewell and liftoff tomorrow until march 28th.