April 10, 2006

Though I once voted stratigically for the danish poiltical party, The Socialdemocrats (and, I tell my self, thats how they won the 1998 election), have I ever been a socialdemocrat.
However, it puzzles me to see how the political movement and consiousness that build up the danish Welfare-society now lies shattered and burned. I am well aware that it is a long serie of incidents and historic terms that have led up to the decaying status of the (now) opposition, and that leading the socialdemocrats have never been an easy task.
But, with Helle Thorning Schmidt fighting the uneven battle these days, I cannot stop thinking, that of all the pole`s, the one I would like to see is a research on how many male voters have left the socialdemocrats behind, how old the are, and who they vote for now. I strongly suspect, that the modern woman leading the batlle (though her battle is weak and she is somewhat of a machine) the mere fact that a 39 year old woman is heading the opposition have scared of a saddening patrialistic group of working class heros, and thus the question remains to be answered: Is this how far feminism could take it without being populistic?

I am afraid so.

respect
http://www.localeyes.dk/pixpax/edl_16597a.jpg