April 12, 2006

FEAR II

Driving home tonight, I have just entered the flat, my pulse hardly down. I had hoped the status of things had changed. And I cant stress that enough, that things means things. Stuff. It had changed and it hadn`t. There were people on the streets. And many off them. Too many. Even in the dark they looked the same. Its not fair of me too say for two reasons: 1, I cant possible know, and 2, the old saying that goes "in the dark all cats are grey" just doesnt count here.
It should be more complex, and it is. But the only way to overcome fear here is to assume they look the same. The fewer the colours the easier I seem to understand stuff. Simpe reasons I do understand, when we drink and oust overselves accordinglythe occasion, when culture is nothing more than a a way to maintain order.

They weren`t there yesterday but they are to day? And tomorrow? Thats the only saying I can accept: Tomorrow never knows. And it aint even a saying. Its a song. A song that became a saying. The streets tonight didnt hold one tone.