April 21, 2006

about my last posting about assholes. well it almost go without saying but there are ofcourse exceptions to the rule: here is one.
i once worked at a cafe where i met this guy, lets call him Allan. He called himself Allan, though I doubt it was his name. Allan The Goldtooth. It took me good amount of time to even want to talk to him, because he frequently entered the cafe with bruces, black eyes, swallen lips, limping...clearly marks of a violent life, which just basically made him not very attractive to even try to get in contact with.
Then one night, as I was closing the cafe down, Allan entered with yet another black eye, sat down at a table and humbly asked for a glass of water which I couldnt deny him. And then, I didnt ask him - he started to tell me of how he for the last three years had been trying to get rid of his very violent reputation and behaviour, by getting into fights and letting himself be beat up, and how he now slowly was losing his streetcred for being the one to watch. he was now the one you could beat up, the pussy, but still not the violent asshole he used to be.