June 21, 2005

In the summer of 2003 I thought I was taking up golf as a leisure activity, but after a couple of visits to golfcourts around DK and being given the nickname "Indiana Jones" due to my constant digging in the expensive turf, I had to seek out.
Before I did that however, in an attempt to loose the nickname I started practising my swing on different turfs in Copenhagen. Not having enough money to buy the proper equipment I borrowed a 5 and 7 iron from a friend, and had a brilliant offer to buy 1500 golf-balls for 150 kroner: Another friend of mine, taking the consequence of poverty, but also the fact that golf is the fastest growing sport in DK, had for a year now - at night - been driving around DK, with a wetsuit a lamp and a net and collected lost golfballs from the ponds on different courts. Thats innovation, but also one of the reasons I pulled off of the turf and took up tennis.