February 10, 2006

My curse I guess is reflection: the son of gravity and pluralism.
With last couple of weeks hype, burning, raping killing and torching over the infamous Mohammed cartoons, I hang baffled, amused and hurt.
There`s just too many things in the whole matter I cant grasp: I, first of all, can not undersstand the motivation for even bringing the drawings: I point to Jyllands Posten. I can understand it, seen in a loyal JP context, as the newspaper in question over the past few years have increased their focus at the muslim population of DK and the world per se, and are among the squeekisest squeekers in the xenofobic pulse. In that regard the drawings was nothing shocking. But: a serious debate of the freedom of speech: hmmmm, yes and no. They are kicking a group already lying down because they can and non the less, will.
Thats one thing: Then theres the infamous (ISLAMISK TROSSAMFUND) and their most unfortunate pilgrimage to The middleeast: There is no doubt in my mind that they have indeed add fuel to the fire, and they should - just as they demand of JP - be reflective enough to take their part of the blame. Not that it would stop the riots though.

Then there is the typical unbelieveble arrogance with which we tend to forget history...or for the matter, the believe in western history and cultural codes as the correct perspective on history. In other words, freedom of speech, is not more than a 150 year young civil right in DK, and before that the struggle was fierce. When it it said about the muslims that they resemble the dark middleage, we neglect the fact that Europe once was as dark. Need I mention the 8 million women executed duing the Spanish Inqusition for example.? Killed, raped, drowned and burned and what not for challeling the patriac religious construction. History is scary reminder.
So now we have it, the freedom of speech: then fucking preserve it, instead of hitting the muslim world in the head with it going: hahahahaha, I got one but you cant have it!
In a way I think, the domestic debate have partly destroyed the effort to gain that same democratic right, represented by people, groups and organisations in the mid-eastern countries now experience the heated demonstrations and riots. A very unfortunate consequence: to give freedom of speech a bad reputation, if freedom of speech is the freedom to blasfemic outburst.
I mean I can live with, blasfemia, I was brought up that way. It needs no explanation.

I am a-rambling here. I mean basicly it is a matter of making the effort. Get of the high horse. Be decent. Reflect. Joy de vivre. Maybe there will be more, maybe there wont. Take the risc, make the effort: drive safe: GLOBAL DIGNITY!


And in the mean time dear Denmark: Get used to it, live with it, no more travel light, travel with all your guards up. Undo that dannebrog from your fjaellraeven back pack.