July 06, 2005

I think most people, having been there or not, would agree that one of the most outstanding characteristica of Sna Francisco is that people do in fact walk. And it means stuff. It means stuff to me now that I found time to actually walk down Eugenia to Cortland in Bernal Heights and sit down at a cafe and pause. And it means stuff that whoever you left behind is ok with it. And it means stuff when the walk down is actually a farewell, yes, its super nostalgic, but this here city is winning for every stay and this stay being the last for years ... you see where I am going? Stuff thats means stuff.
I have walked down from the highest peak of Bernal Heights, a 1500 feet knoll though very visuable, it seems kind of secret or deserted. The view, a 360 degree turn, San Francisco at my feet but under my skin, the many colours of diversity, I decide that his city wins by a hair over Los Angeles, laughing at the choice, crying for where I am headed. The long farewells, the hardest ones, like an impossible choise between love and passion.